It’s spring fever. That is what the name of it is. And when you’ve got it, you want – oh, you don’t quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so! -Mark Twain
It seems like time is just moving right along so quickly. When I was younger Christmas, my birthday, and summer time felt like they took forever to arrive. But now, I find myself saying, “It’s Spring, already?” I love this time of year. Luckily, we don’t have particularly harsh winters in Central Texas, but it is nice to see the sun peaking out from hiding. This season definitely makes me feel rejuvenated. Even excited. It’s so inspiring. I love all the fashion, energy, and the ability to be outside! Here are a few things I’m really looking forward to this season:
- Patio Love! Spring is the perfect season to enjoy a yummy meal and cocktail on a beautiful patio or porch. I often find myself thinking of restaurants that have outside patios when deciding where to eat. It’s lovely to feel the sun on my skin, before it gets too hot, and patios are great for people watching.
- Spring Fashion! I am definitely so experimental with fashion during Spring. Anyone that knows me well, will tell you that I love to wear black. It is my go to color. My staple. However, for those sweet months of Spring, I will wear pops of color on a regular basis. Something about this season makes me feel bold. So if you’re wanting to try a bright nail color or experiment with pattern mixing, this is the season! (I still had to sneak in my black!)
- Being Outside! Finally-the weather is perfect. Not too hot, which is generally the case in Austin, and not too cool. This lends itself to so many activities that you can now do outside:
- Kayaking and Paddle Boarding
- Leisurely Walks
- Indulging in snow cones and so much more
- Traveling! Spring Fever=Travel Fever for me and there are lots of travel deals. I tend to book my flight and hotel separately, as opposed to travel packages. It always comes out less expensive for me that way. But I know either way, now is the time to book your travel plans! I’m ready for beaches and pools.
- Health! I try to maintain a relatively healthy lifestyle year round, but I definitely kick it into high gear during Spring. Hydration is key! Find an outdoor activity that you enjoy and give it a try. When it comes to exercise, I really enjoy an activity for about 6 months and then I’m looking for something new. There is nothing wrong with that! I have cycled through gyms, dance classes, yoga, fitness groups, and I’m currently enjoying running. #DoYou As long as you’re staying active, it doesn’t matter if you stick with the same plan or switch it up.
I know that Spring also brings on allergies, which are the absolute worst. But I definitely think the good of this season outweighs the bad. And if the weather is still a bit chilly where you, don’t worry. The sun, and pretty flowers, are on their way.
What are you most looking forward to this Spring?